What do you do with Toys R Us Gift Cards?
It’s no news that Toys R Us is closing. The closing date of each store is a little different; however, one date is the same across all stores. The last day to use Toys R Us Gift Cards at Toys R Us is Saturday, April 21. If you’re like me, and are a little disappointed with the closing sale, you may not really want to use your gift card at the store. What do you do with Toys R Us Gift Cards then?
What to do with Toys R Us Gift Cards:
1. Trade them in at Bed Bath & Beyond.
Through Thursday, April 5, Bed Bath & Beyond is accepting Toys R Us Gift Cards. You can turn them in and receive a store credit; however, there are a few stipulations.
Turning Toys R Us Gift Cards in at Bed Bath & Beyond:
- Gift cards must be at least $20 in value.
- You will be issued a Bed Bath & Beyond egift card that can be used online or in store for a portion of what your Toys R Us Gift Card is currently worth.
- Gift cards will only be accepted to be traded at Bed Bath & Beyond through Thursday, April 5.
- You can redeem them online or in-store.
For example, if you have a $100 Toys R Us Gift Card, you will only get $64.20 back in store credit at Bed Bath & Beyond. On the plus side, if the gift card was given to you, you really aren’t out any money. Additionally, if your kids are a little older, you might need more coffee or to replace towels instead of more toys. Click HERE to find out how much your Toys R Us Gift Card will exchange for at Bed Bath & Beyond.
2. Sell them.
Believe it or not, many people still want Toys R Us gift cards and are looking for them. (Especially moms with little ones in diapers.) Keep in mind, you will not receive full value of the gift card; however, if you’re not going to use it, you can get some cash for it.
I looked up a couple sites that sell and buy gift cards at reduced rates. Gift Card Granny was offering up to $18.75 in check, Paypal, or ACH deposit for a $25 gift card. It’s not too shabby if it’s a $25 gift card you received, but were not going to be able to use. You can sell just about any amount gift card on Gift Card Granny and choose how you would like to be paid.
3. Use them.
I know this seems like a practical answer, but many are not too sure about using their gift card at Toys R Us. Since the deadline to use them is quickly approaching, I have some tips for you on using your Toys R Us Gift Cards in store.
Tips for using Toys R Us Gift Cards in store:
- Remember that all sales are final, so before purchasing something, make sure all pieces are there, open the box to be sure it works, make sure nothing is broken, and be sure it is something you are OK with not being able to return.
- If you have little ones, consider using the gift card to purchase something like diapers or wipes that you know you will be using.
- Another option is to purchase packs of diapers and wipes to have on hand for baby shower gifts.
- Be sure to use them before April 21, or you’ll be stuck with them forever.
Before you do anything with your Toys R Us Gift Cards, be sure to go over the options, pros, and cons of each choice. Keep in mind that the deadlines for each choice will be approaching quickly (I’m not sure how long Gift Card Granny will be accepting Toys R Us Gift Cards). What are you going to do with your Toys R Us Gift Card?