Get MORE Deals Here Install Our App
Do you love shopping at Victoria’s Secret but credit issues is holding you back from your very own Angel Card? You need the Shopping Cart Trick!
Victoria’s Secret has become one of the MOST POPULAR retailers we post deals for on Yes We Coupon. That being said, one of the biggest complaints we receive from our readers is that there aren’t many deals posted for non-cardholders. The fact is, there just aren’t as many deals available online for those who don’t possess a VS Angel Credit Card. I’ve personally never seen another credit card offer more incentives and rewards. If you don’t have this card, it’s safe to say – You’re Missing Out (and you probably already know it!) My question is, what’s preventing you from getting one?
If the reason you have not gotten the card is due to credit issues, I may just have solution. Let me introduce you to something that is commonly known as “The Shopping Cart Trick.” This is a process that may allow those with less than perfect credit to obtain a Victoria’s Secret Angel Credit Card (Or other cards issued by the same company, Comenity Bank.) “The Shopping Cart Trick” is NOT guaranteed to work for everyone. YMMV (Your mileage may vary). However, many have had success in obtaining select store credit cards by following these steps.
IMPORTANT! – First, before attempting “The Shopping Cart Trick”, it’s absolutely essential to view your credit report. You will specifically want to check your name and address. Make a note of it because you will want to replicate whatever is listed on your report exactly. Second, you will want to make sure you are opted in to receive pre-approved credit offers. You may want to wait a couple days after you have opted in to allow it to take effect before you attempt the steps below.
How To Do “The Shopping Cart Trick”
- Can be performed from Desktop or From Mobile
- Use a browser that allows for Private or Incognito Browsing and open a new Private Window (I successfully used Google Chrome)
- Make sure your browser history has been completely cleared
- Make sure you have enabled your internet browser to allow pop-ups
- Search for and/or go to the website you would like to obtain a credit card for (Comenity Bank Must Issue The Store Credit Card)
- Start Shopping – Add $100 – $200 worth of merchandise to your cart (Don’t worry – you don’t have to actually buy it!)
- Begin the Checkout Process – checkout as a GUEST Enter your shipping and billing information as it appears on your credit report (If you have moved within the last year, you may need to use your previous address.) You will receive a pop-up with a pre-approved credit card offer if you have achieved success If you choose to accept the offer, complete the application with the Last 4 digits of your social security number (keep reading for why thesis important.) The card will be available for use immediately online (the physical card will be mailed to you.) This method will work for many different Comenity issued store credit cards. Here is a list of their most popular cards. Stores listed in bold print may be easier to obtain cards from.
Abercrombie & Fitch Credit Card
Ann Taylor Credit Card
Arizona Mail Order Credit Card
Avenue Credit Card
Bon Ton Credit Card
Boston Store Credit Card
Brylane Home Credit Card
Buckle Credit Card
Crate and Barrel Credit Card
David’s Bridal Credit Card
Eddie Bauer Credit Card
Express Credit Card
Home Shopping Network (HSN)
J. Jill Credit Card
Justice Credit Card
Lane Bryant Credit Card
La Redoute Credit Card
The Limited Credit Card
LOFT Credit Card
Mandee Credit Card
Maurices Credit Card
New York&Company Rewards Credit Card
Newport News Credit Card
Overstock.com (Some report requiring a full SS number, but was still a “soft pull.” YMMV)
PacSun Credit Card
Peebles Credit Card
Petite Sophisticate Credit Card
Pier 1 Credit Card
Pottery Barn Kids Credit Card
Pottery Barn Credit Card
Restoration Hardware Credit Card
Spiegel Credit Card
The Sportsman’s Guide Visa
Stage Credit Card
Steeles Credit Card
Talbots Credit Card
TigerDirect Credit Card
Torrid Credit Card
Venus Credit Card
Victoria’s Secret Credit Card
Vitacost Rewards Mastercard
Woman Within Credit Card
Will “The Shopping Cart Trick” Hurt Your Credit Score?
At this point, you may be wondering how “The Shopping Cart Trick” affects your credit. It’s important to note that the type of pre-approved credit offers that result from it only require a “soft pull’ of your credit report. They will not negatively impact your score like a “hard pull” would. You can tell it is a soft pull by the fact that they ONLY require the last 4 digits of your social security number. Credit offers that require a full social security number are most likely a “hard” credit inquiry. Hard inquiries negatively impact your score and stay on your credit report for 2 years.
Warning! Use Credit Responsibly!
The most important thing to keep in mind is that credit cards should be used responsibly. You should not obtain a credit card unless you are prepared to pay it off in a timely manner. Store specific credit cards carry very high interest rates. Therefore, carrying a high balance can be costly. If you are using “The Shopping Cart Trick” and have less than perfect credit, obtaining cards may be an opportunity to improve your score over time. Don’t be frivolous with credit. The effects can be very damaging long term if it’s not used responsibly.
What If “The Shopping Cart Trick” Doesn’t Work?
The Victoria’s Secret Angel Card is notorious for being one of the easiest stores to obtain a credit card from by using the “Shopping Cart Trick.” If it doesn’t work for you, then it doesn’t work. That doesn’t mean that it won’t work for you at some point. It may also work for some stores of the stores listed above and not others. If you’re attempt is unsuccessful, t’s perfectly fine to try again in a few weeks. Also, keep an eye on your e-mail inbox for subsequent pre-approval offers after the fact. I wish you the best of luck! I hope you found this information helpful and informative.