Own a Laptop? A Phone? $45 MILLION Class Action Settlement! File Now!
Breaking news! There is a new class action settlement for consumers that have purchased certain electronics between the year 2000 and 2011. You can read about the terms of this settlement below and submit a claim. Payment is not set to happen until the spring of 2018.
This class action has been brought about for indirect purchasers of products containing lithium-ion cylindrical batteries, such as portable computers, power tools, camcorders, and other products (including the purchase of replacement batteries).
The following battery manufacturers are the Defendants in this case:
- LG Chem, Ltd. and LG Chem America, Inc. (“LG Chem”)
- Hitachi Maxell Ltd. and Maxell Corporation of America (“Hitachi Maxell”)
- NEC Corporation (“NEC”)
The Defendants have agreed to settlements resolving claims that they allegedly raised the price of cylindrical lithium-ion battery cells.
In other words, individuals were overcharged for products containing these lithium-ion batteries.
- Laptop PCs, Notebooks, Netbook computers
- Mobile phones, smart phones, tablets, digital audition player, cameras
- Cordless power tools
- Replacement batteries for any of these products
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
Purchasers of these products (or replacement batteries) may be eligible for compensation in this $44.95 million legal settlement if:
- You were a resident of the United States from January 1, 2000 to May 31, 2011 AND
- You purchased for yourself or business (not to resell) one or more of the products covered by the settlement