BREAKING NEWS! – Very Dangerous Melon Recall For DEADLY SALMONELLA!!
Deadly Salmonella has sickened 60 people in the states of Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina and Ohio.
Important advice for consumers and retailers in Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, and Ohio:
- On June 8, 2018, Caito Foods, LLC recalled
- Recalled products were distributed to Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, and Ohio.
- Recalled products were sold in clear, plastic clamshell containers at Costco, Jay C, Kroger, Payless, Owen’s, Sprouts, Trader Joe’s, Walgreens, Walmart, and Whole Foods/Hot Deal.
- The investigation is ongoing to determine if products went to additional stores or states.
- Do not eat recalled products. Check your fridge and freezer for them and throw them away or return them to the place of purchase for a refund.
- If you don’t remember where you bought pre-cut melon, don’t eat it and throw it away.
- Retailers should not sell or serve recalled pre-cut melon products distributed by Caito Foods Distribution, Gordon Food Service, and SpartanNash Distribution.
- CDC will update the advice to consumers and retailers if more information becomes available.