Here is a fun recipe to do with the kids this summer!
Red Velvet Puppy Chow Recipe
- 5 C. Rice Chex cereal
- 3/4 C. white chocolate melts or chips
- 1/4 C. chocolate melts or chips
- 2 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 C. Red Velvet Cake mix
- 1/2 C. powdered sugar
- Valentines colored M&M's or other candies
- Heart sprinkles for extra decoration and cuteness
- 1. Measure out Rice Chex cereal and place into a large bowl.
- 2. Place cake mix and powdered sugar into a large plastic bag or tupperware with a lid.
- 3. Melt chocolates together in the microwave or on the stove top. Careful not to burn and stir until smooth.
- 4. Stir in cream cheese and milk (the chocolate will get thicker, but it's okay)
- 5. Pour chocolate over Rice Chex cereal and stir until coated.
- 6. Dump cereal into the bag or tupperware with powdered sugar and cake mix. Shake, shake, shake until coated.
- 7. Dump onto a cookie sheet and let cool.
- 8. Mix with extra colorful candies and serve!
- Keep refrigerated!