We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I love this Bacon Wrapped Chicken Wings recipe (inspired by Betty Crocker). A delicious rich Bourbon Sauce adds just the special flavor you want, without being overpowering. It’s a great dish for serving up at a weekend barbecue with friends or for a special evening in with your family.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Wings With Bourbon Sauce
- 3 lb’s chicken wingettes or drummettes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 pieces of bacon
Ingredients for Bourbon Sauce:
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or use silicone baking mats.
- Season chicken with garlic powder and black pepper.
- Slice bacon in half crosswise and wrap each piece of chicken in a slice of bacon.
- Place bacon wrapped chicken onto the baking sheet.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Using tongs, turn chicken, and place back into the oven for an additional 20-minutes or until juices run clear.
- While chicken is baking, combine Bourbon, ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce, teriyaki, sauce, garlic, and ginger in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Sauce will thicken and flavors will meld. You will want to stir this sauce frequently so it doesn’t stick.
- Remove chicken from oven, allow to cool slightly, then coat with half of sauce. Reserve remaining sauce for dipping.
This bacon wrapped chicken wings recipe is simple, delicious, and a great choice for year round. Since this bakes easily in your oven, you don’t have to worry about firing the grill up in the winter! It’s also a great budget-friendly recipe since chicken wings are one of the cheapest proteins you can grab on sale.
Don’t miss our other great budget-friendly Recipes!